North Bend UMC Public Worship Services Resume with Social Distancing Guidelines
Due to COVID-19 we are experiencing “crazy times.” As we come back together we will do things differently – for a while. In an effort to keep safe and to keep from doing harm to others there are certain recommended guidelines we will follow. Please cooperate with these guidelines.
Also remember, first and foremost, if you are not feeling well, stay home. If you are nervous about getting out and attending worship at church, it is okay to stay home.
Following the “Return to Public Church Guidelines” from out West Ohio Conference we, at North Bend UMC, will adjust our Sunday morning worship in these ways:
- No shaking hands or giving hugs.
- Everyone should wear a mask while in the building.
- No bulletins.
- No greeters at the door.
- Offering plates will be stationed at each door for persons to deposit offerings upon entering or leaving the sanctuary.
- Red stickers are placed in the pews where seating is appropriate for social distancing. We will utilize every other pew.
- Upon entering the sanctuary, please go directly to a seat with a red sticker.
- No choir anthem. No choir rehearsal.
- No liturgist.
- The pastor will be the only one seated up front, and remain up front the entire service.
- No birthday or anniversary singing or offerings.
- No children will be dismissed for children’s class. There will be no nursery care.
- No use of the pew hymnals or Bibles. Lyrics and texts will be on the screen.
- Singing will be limited to one verse of an opening and closing song.
- No coffee or water will be available.
- Please enter and exit only through the two front doors. All other doors will be locked.
- Do not visit other parts of the building. Do not go downstairs.
- The sanctuary and bathroom must be sanitized following the service.
Let us continue to pray for one another, our nation and the world as we move on through these crazy times.